Screw-on gas canisters

rawstron1

Posted: Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 12:29

Hi there,

can anybody advise where I'll be able to purchase screw on butane canisters for my stove in Calvi or Calenzana?

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Jan 31, 2018, 7:23

There is only the Spar shop at Calinzana and you can only buy what they have in stock on the day you are there. If they just sold the last one then you have a problem. There is more choice in Calvi.

boston_to_gr20

Posted: Wed, Sep 5, 2018, 12:43

Hey GRRR 20 - could you specify what some of the choices are which you are familiar with to get screw on gas canisters in Calvi?

SQFP

Posted: Wed, Sep 5, 2018, 12:54

At the entrance of Calvi you'll find Intersport (sporting goods) and Weldom (DIY) stores. Smaller shops and gas stations as well.

--

Geology in Corsica

GRRR 20

Posted: Wed, Sep 5, 2018, 14:31

The important thing to remember about gas canisters is that they only have your type until they sell the last one, then you have to look somewhere else. It was always like that.

emmaT

Posted: Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 8:36

hi
anyone know of a source to buy a screw on gas canister in ajaccio and/or vizzavona??

--

emmaT

Michele

Posted: Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 11:36

In Vizzavona there is the Alzarella Camping store with all sorts of canisters.

bcnhiker

Posted: Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 7:52

If you don't mind carrying a little extra weight, this valve adapter is good and works well with the "twist and lock" campingaz canisters.

You can see it being used in this photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/b6DB8Amgd4yTxa6C7

The Optimus windshield clips onto the valve adapter perfectly, as shown in the photo.

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 8:54

I met someone on a recent trek who was giving away one of those adapters for free. Very generous of him, but I guess it might also have meant that he wasn't interested in any more trekking!

bcnhiker

Posted: Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 9:55

That's a shame! It's a really useful bit of kit. I'm sure they regretted giving it away haha!