Transport from Figari airport to Conca

ianwoolage

Posted: Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 17:15

Two of us are flying in to Figari (from London Stansted) on Saturday 2nd June 2018 landing at 1.30pm. I've checked the bus timetable and on a Saturday the last bus departs at 1.30pm !!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions? Taxi alternatives seem to be about E100 - expensive!!

Daisychain

Posted: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 9:31

The June timetable is not yet available. You should check this page nearer to the time:
http://www.corsicabus.org/busPVecchio/PVE_Airport.html

Otherwise, try asking other likely passengers about sharing a taxi or possibly car-sharing through Blablacar, although this is not very commonly used in Corsica.

ianwoolage

Posted: Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 10:07

Thanks for that. I did check the timetable a while ago but only had 2017 on it. It now has up to April 2018 which has a bus at 14:20 which should be OK if that stays in the June TT.
Thanks for the help and advice
Ian

joowho

Posted: Wed, Mar 28, 2018, 15:42

Hi.. we are arriving the next day, which is even worse! NO SERVICE at all on a sunday. Should have checked that before I booked my cheap flights !

May see you on the trail if we can ever get to Conca.

Steve and Juliet

C Badge

Posted: Sat, Mar 16, 2019, 18:46

Hi Ian,
don't know if you'll see this as it was a year ago, but I am in the exact same situation as you, looking to get the exact same flight. Did the bus work out?

ianwoolage

Posted: Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 16:00

Hi
In the end I booked a taxi from the airport to Conca for two of us. It was expensive but worth it. On the way the taxi driver stopped at a garage so we could buy *(cheaply) gas cylinders.

desperatedan

Posted: Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 17:28

How much was the taxi. Think I may be having the same problem this year. Rather than have to pay for accommodation in Figari and waste a day getting to Conca I may just pay the extra and get taxi. But by myself and need an idea of taxi fare. Thanks

june_2019_hiker

Posted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 1:10

Can anyone in this thread speak to the price of a taxi from Figari to Conca? I'm in a similar situation, but it seems no one ever got an answer. Thanks!

SQFP

Posted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 1:25

Last year, it was about 90€ at a minimum (Figari-Conca in late august)... It would cost more on weekend or in case of heavy traffic. Better have at least 150€ for the fare.

--

Geologist in Corsica

Artvandelay

Posted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 13:17

I also think I need to book a taxi from Figari. Any recommended taxi companies to pre book or just find one upon arrival? Thanks!

joowho

Posted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 19:44

I booked a taxi on line for about £60, but the nearest “stop” was Porto vechio on their site. I managed to jiggle the page until my drop off point was the refuge in conca and the taxi driver honoured that. Not without a heated discussion in French, but as soon as he realised my french wasn’t up to negotiating, he just took us all the way. We even managed to squeeze in an extra lone hiker who we met at the airport. He declined to take another couple who were hitch hiking it. We met them on the trail a few days later, and they said they managed to hitch a ride very quickly and easily.

This was on a Sunday. We got to the trail head in good time to hit the ground running and made it to the first refuge just before dark. Despite our late arrival, we still got offered a hot meal.

I would do the same again. Look out for people on the flight who may want to chip in and share a ride. And have a great trek !

joowho

Posted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 19:49

Just checked back and the internet site was holiday taxis.com

I jiggled it by inputting gite d’etappe conca as my “address” in Porto vechio

Artvandelay

Posted: Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 10:00

Thank you, that is excellent advice! I’ll give that a try as well.

And yeah looking out for people in hiking boots on the flight seems like a good idea :)