Mare e Mare Centre help

bart2218

Posted: Sat, Mar 24, 2018, 18:33

Mare e Mare Centre,

We are planning to walk the Mare e Mare Centre with a group of 6 boys on the 5th of august. I have a few questions about this walk, i hope someone can help us with these questions.
Is there a book avaiable in English or Dutch with this route in it?
Is it nessesary to book the places to sleep before we go walk the route or when we are on Corsica?
What is the easiest way to book the places to sleep?
And is it possible on Corsica to send some of our luggage to the end of the trail so we dont have to take it with us the whole time?

My English is not so good but i hope u can understand my questions.

Bart,

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Mar 25, 2018, 18:50

Hello,
We walked the MM Centre in 2011 in September....the route was not at all busy. We used a mixture of our tent and a few refuges for overnights. We used the Topo Guide Corse Entre Mer et montagne...French language...5 routes included within....we have the, in English, 'Walking in Corsica guide' by Gillian Price... but this guide did not include the MM Centre.....maybe the newer edition? has this route now??

We didn't book any refuge....but in August?

The previously mentioned French guide does has phone numbers etc. for each of the refuges.

--

Gaffr

bart2218

Posted: Tue, Mar 27, 2018, 13:20

Thanks for the reaction,

Do we need a book to walk this route or is it easy to find with the markings on the trees?
I think we will try to call the first refuge in april when the season starts and ask how busy it will be around that time in august.

Bart,

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Mar 27, 2018, 17:03

There are some markings on the trees and a few direction finger boards etc. as you say. The guidebooks for any multi day walk that you follow are very useful....linear maps with the route marked, the days walking broken down into smaller stages, what services are available during the walking, a time given for the days walking, the amount of ascent and descent for each day and much more useful information....e.g. phone numbers for the refuges etc.

--

Gaffr