Walking GR20 alone June/July 2018

Jacqui

Posted: Wed, Apr 18, 2018, 10:27

Hello, I'd love some advice on whether it's feasible to walk the GR20 alone in summer. I'm an Australian girl and I am very keen to do the GR20 but i don't know anyone else in Europe who is free to walk with me. Do I have to sign up to a tour or can I walk alone and sleep in the refuges? I'll keep reading through this forum and website (really helpful - thank you!) but any advice would be welcome. I am an experienced walker.

Michele

Posted: Wed, Apr 18, 2018, 13:17

Hi Jacqui,

There is absolutely no problem to walk the GR20 alone. In fact many people enjoy hiking on their own. Besides this, the trail is fairly trafficated and you'll always see people going up and down.
For more information you may want to take a look at this page https://gr20corsica.wordpress.com/about/

--Michele

MrFaulty

Posted: Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 5:47

Hi, you will love it - I am also Australian and did it on my own last year - although I ended up walking a lot of the way with 3 French people. I started on 28 May and it took me 13 days, south to north. By day 2 I thought I was going to die but then you start to get into it. Take a steripen and don't walk past water without fillign up - I did on my first day as the first half there was heaps of water, and I almost came unstuck. Good luck with it and enjoy.

Cheers
Ben

GRRR 20

Posted: Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 18:57

Plenty of people walk the GR20 alone, male and female. If you're an experienced walker then you should be fine, but it is a tough trek. If you decide you want company then there will be plenty of other people going your way. The refuges are simple and I only rarely used them. I don't like them when they are full and people are snoring all night. You might find you sleep better in a tent.

Hiker_ehv_NL

Posted: Sun, Jul 15, 2018, 19:49

Hi Jacqui,

When do you want to start? I start the GR20 by myself about the 28th of July.

Libby

Posted: Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 11:03

Did you end up going?
I am going alone middle of August.

--

Libby

Libby

Posted: Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 11:03

Did you end up going?
I am going alone middle of August.

--

Libby