Refuge d´Asinau

zuzana

Posted: Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 15:09

According to information in other posts, Asinau seems not be rebuilt after burn, isn´t it? What does it mean? Can I camp there in my own tent? Is there any guardien there? In fact, I don´t need any extra servicess...

--

zuzana

SQFP

Posted: Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 17:51

There may or may not be some staff there, there may or may not be a huge tent and a temporary shelter (for groceries) next to the burnt ruins. You are of course welcome to pitch your tent near the PNRC refuges (or what's left of it).

However there is a small private hut just below the refuge that visitors may use if needed, as long as the owner/shepherd is not there ;)

If you absolutely need a comfortable roof above your head, better stay at a gîte/refuge in Bavella, not that far away.

--

Geology in Corsica

Michele

Posted: Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 20:01

... or the Bergerie de Asinau which I expect will be packed.

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 4:38

Hello,
Don't forget Croci....if coming in from the South a bit beyond Asinau so that would give you a longer day.
Coming from the North if using Croci a shorter day on the trail.

--

Gaffr

katie

Posted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018, 15:44

We recently passed asinau, they have rebuilt a wooden hut but it's all a bit of a shambles. They certainly had camping and some limited supplies but we elected to push on to croci. I'm not sure if they had any refuge beds, but did have tents for hire

katie

Posted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018, 15:45

We recently passed asinau, they have rebuilt a wooden hut but it's all a bit of a shambles. They certainly had camping and some limited supplies but we elected to push on to croci. I'm not sure if they had any refuge beds, but did have tents for hire

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 5:07

Hello K,
During my brief stay ….one night camping at Croci….I got the impression that most of their business from hikers came from folks on the 'arranged tours' that often during their itinerary stay away from the crowded 'normal' GR20 refuges for overnights. I guess booked well in advanced.
Anyway I enjoyed my time there and appreciated the very hot shower. I spent a bit of the evening working out my connection to regain the GR20 via the old, perhaps now not used, bergeries at Cavallara then onto the path junction.

--

Gaffr