Car rental at Haut Asco

Julija_v

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 11:03

Hello!
We plan to exit the route at Haut Asco. Id it possible to rent a car there and return at Ajaccio or Calvi or Ile-Rousse? Are there any budgetary (but safe - no fraud) car rental options?

Thanks!
Julija

SQFP

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 11:28

There are only three buildings at Haut Asco : two hotels-restaurants, and a tiny museum.

You'll have to hitchhike, or take public transportation (there's a minibus once or twice a day to the Ponte-Leccia train station). The nearest car rental agency is in Corte.

--

Geology in Corsica

Julija_v

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 16:10

Thanks you! Is hitchhiking kind of common thing in Corsica?

SQFP

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 16:49

It works reasonably well, as long as you're not a group of many people, and don't look too scary :)
In the summer there are many people coming to Haut-Ascu for a day hike, you may easily find someone to give you a ride down the valley.

--

Geology in Corsica

GRRR 20

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 18:27

I don't look too scary and I have done quite a bit of hitch hiking in Corsica. All I can say is that you will get there in the end. I always find I have to wait a long time for short lifts, compared to other countries, but when there are no buses and when taxis are going to be too expensive it's not a bad way to travel.

Julija_v

Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 19:29

It sounds we should give it a try at least to check how not-so-scary we are :) although after 6 GR20 who knows.. :)
Any hint what car rental fee to expect? Taxi prices are awsome :)