Travelling from Bastia airport to calenzana on 24th June 2018

dunilpakhreen@h...

Posted: Tue, Jun 19, 2018, 1:10

Hi,

I am travelling from Bastia Airport to Calenzana on 24th June 2018. If anyone wants to share a cost of a journey gimme a shout.

My email address is dunilpakhreen@hotmail.com

--

Dunil

crownharemeadow

Posted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018, 16:57

Hi Dunil,

I'm a solo hiker too starting on the 25th, landing at Bastia on the 24th

I may want to do that - do you have any idea how expensive it is? Half a taxi fare might be too expensive for me, depends how much it is compared with the train.

I've also not decided whether to do the South section instead given I'd have to detour round stage 4

Cheers,
Steve

crownharemeadow

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 10:04

Have seen that taxi cost was €300 back in 2010, so will be more than that. Seems Sunday is particularly expensive. Ouch!! €150 is too expensive for me, I'd prefer to wait and get the train. I'd do it if there were a 4-way split, so keep me posted if that's looking possible.

Have seen elsewhere on the forum that stage 4 is now open without snow gear (which I don't have) so definitely doing the North section. Yay! I've got a flight back on the 1st July so will probably be pulling out of the walk early, unless I'm somehow quicker than expected.

Very likely to see you on the walk, or at least at the first refuge, if not before
Cheers,
Steve

Gab

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 19:39

I missed my flight connection to Calvi today so flying to Bastia tonight. Is there any bus or train in the morning to Calvi, I could hardly find anything. Or I would definitely be in a taxi share tomorrow (Monday) if anyone else is stuck.

--

Gab

Gab

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 19:50

I may hire a car it is about £160, still cheaper than the taxi, and would not loose a whole day. Anyone interested?

--

Gab

Steve Dan

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 20:32

Hi Gab.
The morning train to Calvi leaves Casamozza gare (the closest stop to Bastia Poretta) at 10.13 and gets into Calvi around 12.50. Take a taxi from the airport to the station ( around 20eu ). Train fare is 16eu.
Check out www.corsicabus.org for island transport.
Steve.

SQFP

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 20:43

Hi Gab, sorry you missed your flight!
The morning train to Calvi actually leaves from Bastia Main Station at 9:45am, if that's where you'll stay overnight. If at the airport, either take a taxi to Casamozza, or keep things cheap by walking to the Lucciana-Olivella train station (~40 mn of easy walk, just follow the Madrague hotel signs then straight ahead). Several morning trains will take you to Casamozza, or simply wait there for the 10am Calvi train.

--

Geology in Corsica

Steve Dan

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 20:42

Or if you're going to overnight in Bastia, take the airport bus into town, 9eu.

Gab

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 22:36

I love you guys! Thanks for the info about the morning train. I have checked the Corsicabus website, but I could not see the timetable. It is probably because of my phone.

--

Gab

SQFP

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 23:16

Grab the timetable Bastia-Calvi-Bastia here in pdf format (direct link, 200KB):
https://tinyurl.com/bastiacalvi

--

Geology in Corsica

Gab

Posted: Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 23:20

SQFP, thank you, really helpful

--

Gab

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 6:00

The most interesting of the various unofficial? timetables for Corsica trains.....do they have an official one?
Well anyway I like this one from the retired? railwayman.
I recall the old trains on the island that had its own TGV's....the trains grand vibration.
Images of the old ones and the new sleek model....I first caught up with these returning after the GR20 to reach Poretta airport in 2013.
I guess that you still have to change trains at Ponte Leccia when travelling from Bastia to Calvi.?
I hope that the gentleman that had the flight problems gets a good start on the traverse.

--

Gaffr

SQFP

Posted: Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 6:51

The official website is at http://cf-corse.corsica

--

Geology in Corsica