Budget Accommodation in Bastia to leave small bag

TLJ124

Posted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018, 18:22

Hi - I am starting the GR20 in mid September and flying through Bastia. I am hoping to find budget accommodation (clean, quiet but relatively cheap) to stay in for a night before and night after my hike. Ideally this would be a place that wouldn't mind letting me store a small bag since the GR20 is part of a larger trip. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much!

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 5:01

Hello,
The only place that we have stayed overnight in Bastia for bed and breakfast after arriving on an evening ferry was at ....Hotel Posta Vecchia...on the edge of the old town harbour. Two star accommodation.
Did not leave any kit there but it might be worth contacting them.

Hotel Posta Vecchia
tel: 04 95 32 32 38
www.hotel-postavecchio.com

p.s. I just tried the website seems not to available....maybe a name change?

--

Gaffr

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 9:44

You may try AirBnB - there are rooms and flats near Bastia Airpt (Lucciana, Casamozza...) at hotel price (50-70€), and if you book multiple nights the owners may be willing to store luggage for you...

Alternatively, if it fits in a parcel, just send it to yourself at some post office ("poste restante") upon arrival, and pick it up within 15 days when the hike is ovee.

--

Geologist in Corsica

TLJ124

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 16:28

Thanks, I'll check out those suggestions! And I did find this website that works: https://www.postavecchia-bastia.com/

Also - I'm having trouble finding a train schedule for mid September 2018. Any suggestions? Just trying to figure out logistics of flying into Bastia the evening on September 12th - getting to Calenzana on the 13th - and starting the hike on the 14th. Does the train still run mid September?

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 16:39

It runs all year round. Timetables for the 2018-2019 winter season are to be published in August - I bet they won't differ much from the current ones (= winter season 2017-2018).

Depending on what you call "evening" you might actually reach Calinzana or at least Calvi on Sept. 12 (by taking the last train to Calvi).

--

Geologist in Corsica

TLJ124

Posted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 16:46

Thanks! I get in at 7:25pm on the 12th. Part of the reason I was thinking of spending the night in Bastia is to store a bag to pick up after the hike (most likely also flying out of Bastia afterwards). Also, to have all day on the 13th to get to and check out Calvi/Calenzana and prepare to start the hike on the 14th.