Getting from Calvi Airport (CLY) to Conca

HelloHiker

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 1:33

Hello! On Monday, July 2nd I'll be landing at Calvi Airport (CLY) at 14:05 (2:05pm) and I would like to get down to Conca to begin hiking ASAP. Any advice on how I can go about doing this? Bus(es) of some sort? Thanks!

SQFP

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 6:20

It will go faster if hitchhiking/renting a car/car-sharing.

Using public transportation: from Calvi Airport, walk (1h) or take a taxi to the closest train station (Calvi Pinetu Beach, or Calvi Fiumeseccu). Take the 15:50 train to Casamozza (18:38) or further to Bastia (19:04). Spend the night there. On the next day, take the 8:30 bus to Sainte-Lucie de Porto-Vecchio (11:00). Once in Sainte-Lucie, call the Conca Gîte and wait for their minibus (usually ~13:30). You should reach the southern end of the GR20 around 14:05 on tuesday.
Then hike your way back to Calvi :)

More info : corsicabus.org...

edit: Air Traffic Control will be on strike June 30 - July 02, expect delayed flights.

--

Geology in Corsica

HelloHiker

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 11:10

OK thanks! Any advice on how to hitchhike or share a ride? I guess renting a car would be easiest but I wonder how much a one-way rental car would cost...

HelloHiker

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 16:35

OK so I figured out my plan. I will rent a car from Hertz in Calvi Airport (CLY) and drive it to the Hertz location in Sari-Solenzara and drop it off there. Then I have to figure out how to get from Sari-Solenzara to Conca. It'll either be a half hour drive (maybe I can hitchhike?) or a 4 hour 15 minute walk. The Hertz rental car was about $130 USD.

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 17:02

Oh the joys of transport in Corsica - and they say the GR20 is tough!

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 17:03

SQFP

Posted: Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 18:05

Nice plan, not so expensive. From Solenzara you may easily find a ride to Sainte-Lucie, then to Conca maybe - anyway it's easy walking to Conca along the road and river (takes a couple of hours, pleasant hilly landscape, a physical foretaste of what's to come)

--

Geology in Corsica