Monte Renoso from Vizzavona train station

ElCondor1991

Posted: Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 7:49

Hello,

Does anyone know if the top of Monte Renoso can be reached hiking from train station Vizzavona?

Is there a safe path all the way there? I've been looking at google maps satellite images, it seems like there's safe roads.

SQFP

Posted: Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 14:09

Just follow the GR20 to E Capannelle, from there take the path to the Bastani lake (cairns/signs), Monte Renoso is just above the lake :)

--

Geology in Corsica

ElCondor1991

Posted: Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 15:22

Thank you very much. But I would start the hike from the train station, don't think there's an established route from there?

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 7:41

Best to have a look at a map :-) It does sound like you expect to do this trip in a day??
The route to Monte Renosa is by the GR20 Trail as has been said by SQFP.
So a day to reach an overnight place at Capannelle...if you are swift you could possible get up Renosu on the same day?
So either a two day trip or even three perhaps if you wanted to return to Vizzavona.
You could, if you have a motor, reach Capannelle by road then ascend Renosu and then either stay or go.
Renosu is a fine easy to ascend mountain with a variety of terrain.

--

Gaffr

ElCondor1991

Posted: Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 14:00

I know about the GR20 Trail, but I'm wondering if I can reach Capannelle by foot, starting from the Vizzavona train station. Wondering if it's safe.

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 14:15

The GR20 goes through the Vizzavona hamlet (whereby there's only a train station and a few shops) - just look on a map. As for safety, it's the same as every other hiking path in Corsica, but more crowded.

--

Geology in Corsica

ElCondor1991

Posted: Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 14:30

I actually missed one of the G20 routes. One of them does go to Capanelle. I missed it, thank you for reminding me.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edit: now these replies make sense. Sorry for the confusion.