Mare a Mare Nord

Swalker

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 10:51

Hi! I plan to do the Mare a Mare Nord end of august, beginning september. I hear some different messages about reservations at the gite d'etapes on the route. It should be end of the main season some say.
Can someone give some advise weather to make reservations at the gite d'etapes? I reacon in Corte there are more possibilities so I guess it wont be too hard to find a overnight place?

SQFP

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 14:58

September is still high-season so all gites should be open.
Better book in advance, or at least notify them (by phone/mail) a few days before your arrival. Corte has hotels and campgrounds but few "gites": U Tavignanu (next to the city, 20 people max. in 4-beds rooms) and A Sega (a refuge on the MàM Nord, 3 hours west of the city, 36 people max. in dorm rooms)

--

Geology in Corsica

Swalker

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 15:17

Many thanks for your info.

I was already looking for the tel.numbers and other contact details of the gites d'etapes. Unfortunately the number for Luna Piena 04 95 38 59 48 is out of use? Any idea what the correct number might be?

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 17:02

It's always a good idea to look at www.gites-refuges.com for up to date details. Luna Piena's telephone is listed as 06.14.55.89.01.

Swalker

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 20:14

Many thanks! Hadn't found that site yet, its a great help!