Getting from Bastia Airport to Calvi on 15th September

Riconika

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 13:40

Hi, me and my partner are doing GR20 from 15th September till 25th September. Any advice how to get from Bastia Airport to Calvi (north start of GR20)? Also anyone who would like to tag along welcome :) Thanks for any tips.

--

Vero

Michele

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 13:57

Walk (or hitch a ride) from Bastia airport to Casamozza train station. Hop on the train coming from Bastia and directed to Calvi http://www.corsicabus.org/Train_services/Train3BiaCly.html
Get off at Calvi (do NOT get off at a station where it says GR20 - no taxis or buses there!).
Grab a taxi (40 euros) and reach the gite d'etape of Calenzana.

su

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 19:20

Hi Vero,
I am interested in sharing transportation with both of you. I do not have an exact arrival date yet, but am aiming for a date in mid-September. Are you arriving in Bastia on the 15th or starting the trail then?
I also plan on some last minute shopping in either Bastia or Calvi, as I'll need some fuel.
Thank you for any info.
Su

Riconika

Posted: Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 9:29

Hello, we are landing at 09:55 in Bastia on 15th September, decided to hire a car and drive to Calvi (also do some last minute shopping too) Happy to take you on board :)

--

Vero

Riconika

Posted: Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 9:29

Thank you for your info :)

--

Vero

User7911

Posted: Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 13:29

Hi Vero, I'm arriving on the 16th in bastia, planning on taking the train - if not might try hitching a ride. See you on the trail:)

Greg

Riconika

Posted: Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 14:42

Hi Greg, is you manage to catch up with us :) See you on the trail :)

--

Vero

su

Posted: Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 17:19

Hi Vero,
I was originally going to take the train. I just love train rides, but logistics are sometimes a bit challenging... Also looking at flying into Ajaccio. I'll let you know as soon as I have reservations. How much is car rental from Bastia?
Thanks, Susanne

Riconika

Posted: Thu, Aug 9, 2018, 10:29

Hi Susanne, we wanted to take the train (public transport too) but after looking into it a bit more, the public transport in September is not great, we would lose almost a whole day and the ticket's price were not much less than for the car. Hiring a car seams to be the easiest and quickest option, i think its about £100 for the rental in total. Divided by number of people in a car

--

Vero

TLJ124

Posted: Mon, Aug 13, 2018, 3:14

Hi - I am trying to get from Bastia to Calenzana on the 13th of September (to start hiking on the 14th). Was going to take the train then cab. Would love to share the cab ride if anyone else is going on those dates!

gornis

Posted: Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 5:58

Hi Riconika,
Me and my friend are landing at Bastia on September 15 at 12am (2h after you) and, like you, want to go to Calvi and Calenzana to start hiking next day. Do you still have place in your car? It would be great if we can join you and share costs. We can even hire bigger car to fit all if needed. This would be really helpful because otherwise it's so difficult to get there on Saturday. Hope this will work!
Lukasz

Riconika

Posted: Tue, Aug 28, 2018, 11:35

Hi Lukasz, we are hoping to start hiking on saturday, so we wont be able to wait, sorry :(

--

Vero

gornis

Posted: Wed, Aug 29, 2018, 14:08

Hi Vero,
I think we both have the same plan: to get to Calvi and reach the begining of the track as soon as possible on Saturday Sept 15. We can share costs of car + taxi and we should be there around 3-4pm if we will leave airport at 12.30. This would be enough for you to start hiking that day. But of course I understand if you don't want to wait and be there earlier.

Riconika

Posted: Wed, Aug 29, 2018, 14:23

Hi Gornis, I am sorry but this would put us over 2hrs behind our schedule.

--

Vero

su

Posted: Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 17:41

Hi Vero,
Just wanted to let you know that I'll now be taking the ferry into L'Île-Rousse on the 15th, so I no longer need transportation from Bastia. Now I'm looking for a morning taxi share from there or Calvi into Calenzana.
Thank you for the offer.
Happy Trails!
Susanne