Bergerie de Ballone

ryan aguanno

Posted: Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 18:25

Has anyone had success contacting the Bergerie de Ballone from their website? I've filled in the form twice over the past month for a bed on September 23 and have never received a reply.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 7:53

Hello,
Another option.
The refuge of Tighjettu, whether coming from or going to the North is a short distance away from Auberge U Vallone.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 8:07

When you say you're trying to book a 'bed' at Ballone, you should realise that they only do hire tents.

ryan aguanno

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 9:53

Thanks for Tighjettu idea, was hoping for Ballone as it seems to be more recommended, though if I can't get a hold of them I will go with the refuge.
I thought they did have beds, thanks for clarification, though tent would be fine as well.

Michele

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 11:07

Actually they do seem to have beds. Back in July I noticed they have a new bulding where it looked like they had beds (but I'm not 100% sure about that, nor did I ask).

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 12:14

Hello,
We have camped at both of the overnights in this area.
When coming up from the South the overnight was spent at Vallone. Without doing much looking around there I did get the feeling that some folks were accommodated in an old shed type building?...maybe, as Michele has said that this been replaced with a newer construction.?

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Sep 10, 2018, 12:58

I know for sure that they have rebuilt the toilet/shower block. Toilets and showers are excellent now.