Refuge de Carrozzu to Calenzana in a day (final stage of a S-N undertaking)

DevonKeith

Posted: Sun, Dec 9, 2018, 19:33

Hi all!

I'm planning my GR20 for 2019 South to North as the flights work out better that way for me and I like the idea of the sun on my back :)

I've given myself 15 days to do the route, but am going to try and do it in 12 or 13 days and take a few days in Calvi to spend relaxing by the sea, however if I am not fit enough and need to take 15, I will still have a few days of contingency - and no rest at the end!

I'm looking at doing the above stage in one day, either covering the two stages or going via Bonifatu on a low level route. My thinking is that it'd be nice to finish on a long but easy walk to reflect on my journey and get myself ready to face 'civilisation' again.

I've read about a low level route but cant find any information. Can anyone share any links or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Keith

--

Keith

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 10:54

The low level route is really obvious, but it looks like you haven't seen a map of the route yet. Start with a map then work out a plan.

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Dec 12, 2018, 13:42

1:100,000 map no.175 Corte/Bastia...shows this up very clearly...simply turn left prior to reaching the Carozzu refuge then Descent to Bontifatu. The Guidebook....GR20 Corsica....Paddy Dillon has plenty of information especially on the alternatives in this area.

--

Gaffr