Bastia

harold

Posted: Sun, Feb 10, 2019, 16:38

Hi all, we will arrive in Bastia in juli early in the morning (06:00 - 07:00). It will be the start of a 3w holiday, focussed on day walking trips around Gr20, the Mare a Mare (N/C/S). Getting off the ferry, we would like to have a breakfast somewhere in the neighbourhood of Bastia before we enjoy our journey towards the first camping. If you can recommend a location, please do. Thanks.

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Feb 11, 2019, 8:07

Hello,
The only place that I have breakfast was at the Posta-Vecchia Hotel but that is further into Bastia and past the big Square towards the old port.
Breakfast on the Ferry?
Close to the Ferry Port there is the Big Square, Saint-Nicolas, with numerous cafes....we once had a bit of lunch there prior to getting onto as bus down to Moriani for the start of the MM Nord and on another occasion for a bus to Pont de l'Abatescu for the MM Centre.
From Bastia either by bus or train you can reach all of the multi day routes on the Island.

Just a thought maybe you are taking your motor to Corse?....so you would be completely free to get to even more parts of the island.

--

Gaffr

harold

Posted: Sat, Feb 16, 2019, 20:51

Thanks Gaffr, I guess I will park my car and find a place arround Saint-Nicolas. Or find a find a boulanger and stop around Monte Canarincu on my way to Asco.

harold

Posted: Sat, Feb 16, 2019, 20:51

Thanks Gaffr, I guess I will park my car and find a place arround Saint-Nicolas. Or find a find a boulanger and stop around Monte Canarincu on my way to Asco.

Daisychain

Posted: Sun, Feb 17, 2019, 15:57

I second the idea of breakfast at one of the cafés on the Place St Nicolas. Leaving the port, the entrance to the underground carpark is off the southbound road, between the southern end of the port and the place St Nicolas.

If you can't find a suitable parking space, drive southwards to Biguglia. Scenery is nil but there is a superb bakery/snack bar called U Mulinu on the right-hand side just before a round-about.