2018 North-South Hike Summary and Information

Ian M

Posted: Tue, Feb 19, 2019, 15:57

My daughter and I hiked the GR20 in August 2018 from North-South. We completed the hike in 13 days.

My daughter wrote a summary in her journal after each day. I have put the summary with photos on my website. I have also included details of
- How we prepared
- Our original plan
- What we learned

We had an amazing experience hiking the GR20, and hope our experience can be of benefit to those considering or planning their own GR20 hike.

https://www.bootwreckers.com/gr20/

If you have any questions, please ask, either through this forum, or the contact form on my website

Michele

Posted: Tue, Feb 19, 2019, 21:00

Thanks Ian for posting your interesting journal. Too bad you had to keep running from the thunderstorms. Awesome experience nonetheless. Love this place. Once Corsica gets under your skin is hard to get it out of the system :)

--Michele

Ian M

Posted: Wed, Feb 20, 2019, 3:47

Once we were aware of the threat of thunderstorms, they were manageable. It was a truly amazing experience, and would like to go back to explore more of Corsica

harold

Posted: Wed, Feb 20, 2019, 17:26

Very nice journal. Great experience.

Ian M

Posted: Fri, Feb 22, 2019, 2:27

Thank you, it was an amazing hike, and fun to relive through making the report

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, May 8, 2019, 9:57

Hello... I looked at your report earlier.....but I should have said at the time that if the training walks are done before doing the walk.... Especially so carrying the full kit for for overnights and cooking meals. I would hazard a sound guess that those not completing the route have not done this preparation. Of course there are many reasons for not having the pleasure of reaching the final refuge... Weather, injury and all the rest....but becoming overtired when carrying the kit should have been discovered before say reaching the island.
No substitute for getting out prior with the sack on the back in rough terrain.

--

Gaffr