Hiking from Marignana to Cargese

Mummis

Posted: Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 12:57

HI, planning my Monte e Mare nord hike in early April:

has anyone hiked from Marignana to Cargese one day? I think it is a long day, but doable.
I have a quite short day before Marignana; only 5 hours from Ota, but I have not found any options to split these two sections in better way.
How is the route; do I miss something great, if hurrying through?

Of course, depending on weather etc option is to combine Ota-Marignana-E Case in one day, but usually next to cities like Cargese hiking is not so rewarding so I was planning this way.

Making this more clear: I planned to hike day 6 from Ota to Marignana, day 7 from Marignana to E Case, day 8 to Cargese. Day 9 early morning I should be in Ajaccio airport.

From Cargese (during winter schedules in April ) there is only one bus to Ajaccio, in morning; so if I take a stop in E Case, it has to be taxi transfer from Cargese to Ajaccio. So, I was thinking to combine days 7 and 8 to one (day 7), sleep in Cargese and take a morning bus to Ajaccio (day 8).

Thanks!

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 23:03

Yep, Marignana-Cargese is definitely doable within a day (7 to 10 hours, depending on your pace), the path is pretty good and not overly physically demanding. Few sources along the way though, make sure you pack enough water.

--

Geology in Corsica

Mummis

Posted: Fri, Mar 15, 2019, 6:46

Thank you! This is good information! I am not fast, but can do long days.
This is my first hike in Corsica, I think it is quite different terrain. Good to know your opinion.
I usually have 2 liters water bag and one extra liter in backbag, I 'll make sure to have enaough water for a long day!