A Sega, Mare a Mare Nord

patsy

Posted: Wed, Mar 20, 2019, 15:18

Hi, Does anyone know what has happened at A Sega on the Mare a Mare Nord? When we stayed there while walking in September 2016, there was a refuge/gite d'etape, but we stayed in one of the small log cabins (lovely). This year, we're hiking the Sentier de la Transhumance, continuing to Corte and want to book A Sega for a night in mid-June. Online, I can only find the Refuge, now operated by the National Park. Has anyone been there recently ie last summer, and can tell me what is available and how we book it. I have found booking this year very much harder than for previous visits. Perhaps the Gites aren't open yet!!! We've been to Corsica around 6 or 7 times now, still haven't run out of footpaths and it's one of our favourite places!

--

Patsy

SQFP

Posted: Wed, Mar 20, 2019, 22:07

I was there last July and again in February. This year the refuge will be staffed from late April - dormitories (34 beds altogether), meals, snacks, etc. will be available as usual. See my pics here.
Booking is already possible on the Park website.

By the way, the small huts or cabins in the vicinity are not operated by the Natural Park - they belong to private owners.

--

Geology in Corsica