3 - 4 days hike + beach advice

LailahMarguerite

Posted: Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 12:17

Hey guys,

Have any of you ever dipped your toes into the G20 before taking some time to relax on the beach? Me and a couple of friends are looking for a route that could allow us to start with a 3 - 4 day hike, before leaving the trail and settling on the beach for 3 - 4 days relaxation.

Clearly very early stages of planning (this is my very first step) but if anyone has any initial advise or example itinerary/routes please do share.

I did the Tour du Mont Blanc last year and had the time of my life, I'm looking for a little peice of action this year whilst getting some needed relaxation in the mix too.

Looking at flight options, I imagine we'd be arriving early September into Bastia. Unless we find any better flight options.... definitely early September, though. And my friend is happy to hire a car.

Thank you

Lailah

harold

Posted: Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 13:08

Flight to Calvi? and then train to Corte and walk from Corte to Porto. Only a part is on the GR20, but it is very beautiful and you're walking towards the beach.

SQFP

Posted: Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 20:52

Better fly to Bastia, then take the Bastia-Corte train (~1 hour instead of 3 for Calvi-Corte).
And I can vouch for the Corte-Porto trip over 3-4 days, very pretty hike in September. :)

--

Geologist in Corsica

harold

Posted: Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 12:46

For prep & early fun check: https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte

LailahMarguerite

Posted: Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 14:27

Thank you! I shall look ino this. Really helpful starting point :)

LailahMarguerite

Posted: Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 14:28

Fabulous! Thank you very much. I have a couple of options to delve into now, wonderful!

harold

Posted: Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 16:03

SQFP is right if you prefer a shorter ride. Check: https://www.train-corse.com/en/network for other options and overview of the network, schedule. I prefer the route from Calvi: La Balangne is a great area for beach stops, beautiful scenery and you optional have the choice to do a second leg walking (after Corte to Porto) from Porto to Calvi. This a good rival to Corte - Porto and it will bring you back to the airport. But as suggested by SQFP, there are many good choices and the island is just amazing. Have fun exploring.