weather and sleeping bag in July

Guy1987

Posted: Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 19:24

Hi everyone,
we are a group of friends planning to trek the northern part early to mid July (the first 9 stages starting from Calenzana).
we booked the refuges.
do you know if we need to bring sleeping bags, and if so, what type of, in regard to temperature (is comfort 15C suitable).
Thanks, Guy

SQFP

Posted: Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 19:30

You have to bring your sleeping bags, there are only mattresses in the refuges. The coldest temperatures in early july at the highest refuge (Ciuttulu, 2000m elev.) are about 5°C.

--

Geology in Corsica

desperatedan

Posted: Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 19:40

I've been on GR20 a few times and for me personally I need a sleeping bag for my tent that goes down to - 5. I've had a few really cold sleepless nights with lighter ones that were supposed to be comfortable at 0c and even had to sleep in refuge it got so cold. Some refuges are at height, that with strong winds can make tents cold, but for me still a lot better than refuge.

Guy1987

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 19:27

thanks for the comment. what type of sleeping bag should be suitable for a *refuge* during this season - comfort 5 /10 / 15 ?

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 21:16

Refuges are barely heated, if not sensitive to the cold a +10°C would do (with the addition of night clothes occasionally, or in the event of harsh weather).
Or a +5°C to be on the safe side.

--

Geology in Corsica

Guy1987

Posted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019, 8:21

thanks