Best Way to Contact Folks at Gite La Tonelle in Conca?

june_2019_hiker

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 1:02

Hello all,

I'm flying into Ajaccio at 2pm on a Thursday and making my way over to Conca via bus. I'd like to spend the night at Gite La Tonelle in Conca and start the GR20 the next day.

It would be great if the kind folks at Gite La Tonelle could store another bag that I will be bringing for two weeks while I'm on the trail. I've sent them an email but received no response a week later. Can anyone recommend a surefire way to get in touch with them? Also open to learning of a better way to spend a night in Conca/store a bag.

Thank you to all!

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 9:39

How big a bag ? With what items ? What month ? It might be way easier, and less costly to store items at the northern end, e.g. in Calvi.

The gîte is closed Oct-April. They have a phone line, you'll find their phone number on their website gite-la-tonnelle.com under the "Contact" menu.

--

Geologist in Corsica

june_2019_hiker

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 13:53

I’ll be storing a small duffel bag with fresh clothes/toiletries for the remainder of my travels in europe. I’d be doing this from mid June to mid July.

Why is it less costly / easier to store items in Calvi? Do you have a place in mind?

Thanks for your help!

SQFP

Posted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019, 15:51

You can send parcels as "Poste Restante" to any post office - they will store it for up to 14 days after receipt (or else they send it back), and you can grab the parcel at any time during opening hours for a small fee (~4€).

Arrive in Ajaccio, send your extra stuff parcel from Ajaccio (or Porto-Vecchio, or even Conca), hike for up to 14+2 days (storage duration + delivery duration), then grab your parcel at Calenzana (or Calvi). That way you won't have to spend a lot of money going from the northern end all the way back to the southern end, only to pick a bag.

--

Geologist in Corsica