camping at Mare a Mare Sud?

driessen

Posted: Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 9:42

In June we are going to hike the Mare a Mare Sud.
Does anybody know if the Gite d 'Etapes on this route do have (small) camping sites available?

From previous GR's I have the experience that Gite d'Etapes do have camp sites, but I have read that on the Mare a Mare Sud camping is more difficult...?

--

Bastiaan Driessen

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 12:11

Hello,
We found it not so easy on this route to get camping spots.

However we did camp in Porticcio prior to setting out...at Bisinao gite on a fine wee terrace behind the Gite with the cherry tree groaning with fruit we were invited to eat...at Coti-Chiavari we had to get a night in a room although we did find that the Mayor did allow some young French folks to camp in the grounds of the church...at Porto Pollo we went to a camping site at sea level...Olmeto we had to take a room...at Burgo there is a very good standard Hostel. After this we travelled along the Mare a Mare Sud to Porto Vecchio.

--

Gaffr

driessen

Posted: Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 12:40

Thank you for responding soon. We are going to walk Mare a Mare Sud from Porto Vecchio to Propriano.
Do you also know about camping sites on this route?

greetings,
Bastiaan Driessen

--

Bastiaan Driessen

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 14:35

Hello,
My apologies I gave you the information regarding the Mare e Monti Sud.

After leaving Burgo.
For the Mare a Mare Sud.....we set out from Burgo in the reverse direction from what you wish to do.
At Santa Lucia di Tallano we could not get a place in the refuge...no camping available here...we managed to get a small room in the village and to cook our own food. In Serra di Scopamena we used the municipal camping a little above the village which was not open for the season but folks in the village said we could use it for a night. At Levie we stayed overnight in the hostel. At Cartalavonu we camped near the hostel and ate an evening meal there in the gite. Campsite in Porto Vecchio.

On this holiday we travelled from Calenzana on the Mare e Monti Nord....bus from Cargese to Ajaccio bus to Porticcio then on to Porto Vecchio via the two Southern routes.....hence my having to think about it all in more detail to make a reply to you.

--

Gaffr

driessen

Posted: Sun, Apr 28, 2019, 15:10

Thnx!

--

Bastiaan Driessen