transport / car sharing Bastia -> Calvi / Calenzana

AndreaH

Posted: Mon, Jun 3, 2019, 10:08

Hi Everyone, a very good friend of mine and myself are going to land at Bastia Airport on the 9th of June. We've found a train taking us to the Calvi that day however, if anyone should be travelling and there'd be the possibility to share, that would be amazing!

and is it possible to buy gas + last necessary items at Calenzana?

Planning to make our way to Calenzana on the 9th and start the trek on the 10th in the morning.

Thanx for any tips.
want to get in touch directly: andreahackl514@hotmail.com

Cheers!

--

AndreaH

bcnhiker

Posted: Tue, Jun 4, 2019, 19:06

I quite enjoyed taking the train from Bastia to Calvi. I got to see a bit of the countryside and do some general preparation for the trek ahead, like check my info, take some notes, reflect, relax etc. There were also quite a few other trekkers on the train, and this was the first time I felt the energy and anticipation of the trek ahead. And I started the hike at the same time as these trekkers, so got to see them on the trail which was nice.
I was able to buy gas in Calenzana. I'm pretty sure it was at this Spar: https://goo.gl/maps/x7gLBQrKhKz8n1xm9

AndreaH

Posted: Tue, Jun 4, 2019, 22:51

Thank you for the thoughts and the info regarding the gas.
the excitement is already there ;)

--

AndreaH

eward

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 10:58

Hi, we'll also be arriving on the 9th June and want to travel to Calvi that day. Could you give me more details about the train you'll take?

We'll be spending a few days on the beach before though so won't start at the same time as you but maybe see you on the train.

Thanks in advance.

PS, any clues on what the weather will be like? e.g. will there be snow ?

eward

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 10:58

Hi, we'll also be arriving on the 9th June and want to travel to Calvi that day. Could you give me more details about the train you'll take?

We'll be spending a few days on the beach before though so won't start at the same time as you but maybe see you on the train.

Thanks in advance.

PS, any clues on what the weather will be like? e.g. will there be snow ?

AndreaH

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 15:01

Hi Eward!

When are you landing?

We are landing 12.50h at Bastia Airport.

There's a train at shortly past 17.15h from Calamozza, a station close to the airport.

It makes most sense to head there directly and have some lunch and then take the train.

If timing is okay and if you want, we could share a taxi to get there.

We just got a reply from the National Parc Service that one needs crampons & ice axes for the section: ascu to Tighjettu.

I wonder if crampons are enough.

if you still find more info, please, drop a note.

and if you want to hook up for the taxi ride - let me know. (is there a private message possibility to share contacts? - above is my email. you could send your contact / number via that)

Cheers! Thank you.

--

AndreaH

Michele

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 19:00

If you guys join "The GR20 Experience" channel of Zello, you can get in touch with each other (voice or text) with no need to share personal information (email or phone number).

--Michele

MaximDS

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 19:34

Hi,

Is there public transport from calvi to calenzana on saturdays?

MacSigi

AndreaH

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 20:13

Hey MaximDS, you could check here and potentially call them to verify whether they run on Saturday.
https://www.corsicar.com/fr/autocars-lignes-regulieres-autocar-corse_11....

A.

--

AndreaH

MaximDS

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 20:23

Hi AndreaH, Thank you for your suggestion! We found that bus as well but in the month June they run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately not on Saturday...

Any other possibility? if not, maybe hike from the train stop in camp Raffali to Calenzana?

MacSigi.

AndreaH

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 21:33

Hey MaximeDS, I wouldn't know of any. hitch-hiking?

We might take a taxi for the stretch Calvi - Calenzana or the bus the next morning.

Don't know the train stop. how far is that? maybe a good idea - though we will be getting there shortly before 20h - that leaves about 1 hour until sunset. - seeing it takes about 2hours to walk there (after google maps) I think, I saw some info about that "hike" in another post.

Andrea

--

AndreaH