Experience with Poste Restante?

june_2019_hiker

Posted: Sun, Jun 9, 2019, 20:48

Hello all,

I've seen many recommendations for Poste Restante, but can anyone confirm that they've used the service? For example, I'm wondering whether to send my parcel from Ajaccio when I arrive (Saturday) or wait until Monday morning in Calenzana, right before I start the hike. The number of days that the Post Office will hold the package is key. I have read that it is 15 days.

Does anyone know if this is true? Can anyone confirm that the Post Office in Calenzana will help with Poste Restante? Unfortunately, there hours are not posted on their website. :/

Thank you!
Charlie

SQFP

Posted: Mon, Jun 10, 2019, 17:31

I use it on a regular basis, and yes they keep any parcel/mail for two full weeks after reception (which makes 15-17 days after you send it, because there's 24-72 hrs of delivery time).

Reception as Poste Restante is available at the main post office of every municipality (when there are several post offices, your mail will arrive at the biggest/central one). As for Calenzana, there's only one (small) post office, its (limited) opening hours are here:
https://www.laposte.fr/particulier/outils/trouver-un-bureau-de-poste/bur...
(click on "Horaires jour par jour" = Daily opening times and pick a day in the calendar).

Note that there are restrictions about what can be sent through La Poste: no lithium batteries, no biological/fresh goods (fruits, sausage, spiders...) obviously.

--

Geology in Corsica