Walk from Figari airport to Porto Vecchio?

ak02

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 15:56

I am landing at Figari on 26th June (Wednesday) at 16:30, last bus leaves at 16:15. I was thinking of making a warm-up walk from airport to Porto Vecchio in the evening, camp there for the night and catch a morning bus to Conca to start the hike there. What do you think? Anyone attempted this before?

Also, can I find camping sites in PV to pitch my own tent? I am checking but they look like hotels and resorts, not sure if they have option to pitch a tent, guess not.

--

- AK

ak02

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 15:57

Google Maps show ~21km with ~4-4.5 kms walk.

--

- AK

SQFP

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 19:27

It's a 21km long walk on mostly paved roads yes - perfect to ruin your feet prior to your hike ;) Why not hitch a ride or share a taxi? Just ask the many people around you at the airport...

Porto Vecchio is a large (and quite nasty) sea resort with many hotels and bungalows and villas for rent; there are a few campsites not far from the city center though (where bus lines are), just have a look at maps online.

--

Geology in Corsica

ak02

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 19:31

Thank you for your reply, what I was calling a "warm up" is actually a way to "ruin my feet", apparently! I will try hitching a ride, and if nothing else, then a taxi it is. =)

--

- AK