where to stay in Evisa? 3 people

LailahMarguerite

Posted: Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 10:21

Hi everyone,

Me and two friends have our plans for a 6-day hike booked for early September. We are staying in hotels mostly but I loved my TMB experience last year, staying in refuges and dorms, as it allowed for meeting and spending time with some fantastic people. We were hoping to book to stay at Gite d’etape U Poghju as we pass through Evisa but haven't had a response when emailing and nobody answered the phone. I wonder if anyone else has any particular recommendation for an alternative refuge type place? We need it for the night of September 10th.

Thank you

Lailah

SQFP

Posted: Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 12:31

U Poghju is a nice, friendly place but hard to reach at times. Otherwise, there are several hotels in Evisa, a bit old-fashioned and expensive.

The only other dorm nearby is in Marignana (right at the entrance of the village when coming from Evisa; comfy, copious meals) but it's a 1-hour walk on the Mare à Mare path.

--

Geologist in Corsica

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 13:25

Hello,
With two of the multi day walking routes passing through Evisa I would have though that the hostel with get plenty of bookings...Mare a Mare nord and the Mare e Monti pass through this village.
We have just experience of staying in the camping a short distance outside the village and when we came through on the Mare a Mare we continued to Marignana, and stayed there, when on the route from Mariana to Cargese.
As the gentleman said in an earlier post that there are several Hotels in the village if the Hostel is fully booked.
Must say that we didn't pass by the Hostel in the village.
U Poghju is listed in the Corse 'Entre mer et montagne guide'......Maybe you could check out the www.ffrandonnee.fr for some information perhaps.
I see that the refuge has an e mail address now....thanks to previous poster SQFP....something that is not in the guide that I have.

--

Gaffr

SwissMountainLeader

Posted: Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 16:55

I stayed at the Scoppa Rosa recently, that was pretty good I thought. There's a nice pizza restaurant down the street as well.

--

SwissMountainLeader - Leysin, CH

LailahMarguerite

Posted: Wed, Aug 28, 2019, 8:41

Thank you everyone! Very much appreciated

Trurl

Posted: Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 19:05

Hotel d'Aitone, highly recommended and not expensive (I remember 40 EUR)

--

--Jacek