Figari to Calvi

tomh

Posted: Mon, Sep 2, 2019, 12:54

Hey there

Friday afternoon I will be arriving in Figari and was hoping to make it to Calvi the same day.
The goal is to start the GR20 saturday morning.

What would be my best course of action be to get there?
I looked up the bus schedules but they are so confusing.

Thank you!

T

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 6:02

Hello, It would be easier for you to start in the South from Conca.
Could possibly take you a couple of days to reach Calvi by bus.
Figari to Ajaccio by bus then train from Ajaccio.to Calvi.?
Not a great deal different going South to North....easier stages to begin with and of course you have no brutal start at the Northern end to encounter.....
End the traverse going downhill for most of the day.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Mon, Sep 2, 2019, 17:50

Figari to Calvi is one of the worst trips you could attempt in Corsica and I'm not surprised that the transport schedules are confusing. Today I got the bus from Basti to Ste Lucie. It set off on time but got me there nearly an hour late. If that happens when you're trying to connect one service with another, one missed connection can cost you a whole extra day.

tomh

Posted: Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 15:36

I am a solo traveler, so I was hoping to meet some people along the way. Won't there barely be any people doing the route south to north? + I would then eventually also have to go back south to go back home?

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 16:46

Hello... Train from Calvi to Bastia....bus down to Porto Vecchio....bus to Figari?
Could be some difficulties to get a smooth linkage with the timings of train to bus.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 16:48

Hello... Train from Calvi to Bastia....bus down to Porto Vecchio....bus to Figari?
Could be some difficulties to get a smooth linkage with the timings of train to bus.

--

Gaffr