Buying shoes on corse (Calvi?)

Oreocereus

Posted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 16:28

I’m sailing to Corsica with some friends, and will be arriving somewhere near scandola reserve. I have been planning to do the gr20, now one of the friends wants to come with. She feels she needs to update her shoes - she prefers trail runners to boots.

We’ll likely hitch our way to the north terminus. Is there anywhere near Calenzana to get some trail runners? I see Calvi has an intersport, it’s been years since I’ve been in one but I seem to recall their range being rather poor quality..?

SQFP

Posted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 20:26

Intersport routinely has interesting brands such as Merrell. The '19 hiking season is coming to an end now and therefore stocks might be low... meanwhile, leftover stuff is likely on sale.

There's a Decathlon in Ajaccio (few brands, poor quality) as well as tiny specialized shops in Calvi, L'Île-Rousse, Corte...

--

Geologist in Corsica

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 5:53

Hello.... Sounds like a fine way to arrive in Corse...are you anchoring up in Girolata?

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 5:53

Hello.... Sounds like a fine way to arrive in Corse...are you anchoring up in Girolata?

--

Gaffr

Oreocereus

Posted: Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 11:58

Actually wind conditions mean we look like we will anchor pretty close to Calvi now (which is handy for the shoe requirements! - thanks for that SQFP)