Technical sections North

PMM

Posted: Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 4:53

Here is a video of some of the technical and difficult sections in the northern part of GR20. Thought it might be useful for someone:

https://youtu.be/WCTNHHS7-Bc

Michele

Posted: Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 9:07

Thank you PMM for your contribution. As a side note ... who knows what's going to happen this year with this virus emergency.

GRRR 20

Posted: Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 8:34

Things look more scary than they are when filmed with a head cam! I don't really like handling those chains, partly because they're loose but mostly because they leave my hands stinking of rust. (I won't waste previous water on endless hands washing!) I prefer to handle the rock, which is cleaner and stays in one place. Those wobbly footbridges are a different matter. I always use them but I can never quite get the hang of them.

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 7:15

I would agree with the previous comment. These headcams do not give a true impression of the terrain.... a kind of distortion of the how it felt. The passage now over the high ground up to and down from Cintu now has a load of cable and chains....I guess now useful when walking with a large heavy rucksack. When I went to Cintu, while on the GR20, as a day trip from Ascu none of these were in place then....but I was without the heavy load on my back.
Quite difficult to observe any couple of metres gap while on the GR20....impossible in any of the refuges ( although I have not had this experience being a camper) and difficult in crowded camping places and with a two way flow of walkers on the trail almost impossible.
I hope that the position with the virus has altered in time for the summer season on the route however at the moment that does look to be a near impossibility. All will still be there in future years for folks to enjoy walking this very fine trail.

--

Gaffr

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, May 8, 2020, 14:05

If no-one goes there this summer - who is going to feed the bed bugs? The poor things will end up being on a list of endangered creatures!

SQFP

Posted: Fri, May 8, 2020, 16:45

GRRR 20, rest assured the Park folks will come up with a solution. They have a small task force of employees specially trained for feeding vultures, ospreys, and other bloodthirsty creatures ;)

--

Geologist in Corsica