Getting from ferry at L'ille Rouse to Calenzana

desperatedan

Posted: Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 10:44

Hi last time I did GR20 the ferry docked in Calvi from Nice. However ferry I have now booked docks in L'ille Rousse. How easy is it to get from there to Calenzana ??

--

Desperate Dan

Michele

Posted: Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 13:53

Jump on the train to Calvi. DO NOT get off at Camp Raffalli or any other stop that says GR20. You want to get off at Calvi railways station and grab a taxi to Calenzana (about 40 euros).

GRRR 20

Posted: Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 20:36

Yes - if you get off the train at the 'GR' stop and there isn't a taxi waiting, then you're stuck. You will nearly always find taxis outside the railway station at Calvi.

desperatedan

Posted: Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 18:07

Thanks for advice , was going to risk getting of at campsite and maybe walking , but it's about 10k to Calenzana . I don't get into ille Rousse until near 7pm do I'd be walking with it getting dark. If lucky I might catch a train to Calvi , otherwise it will be an expensive taxi to Calenzana. I've hitch hiked in Corsica before , but with covid I don't expect anyone would stop.

--

Desperate Dan

desperatedan

Posted: Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 18:07

Thanks for advice , was going to risk getting of at campsite and maybe walking , but it's about 10k to Calenzana . I don't get into ille Rousse until near 7pm do I'd be walking with it getting dark. If lucky I might catch a train to Calvi , otherwise it will be an expensive taxi to Calenzana. I've hitch hiked in Corsica before , but with covid I don't expect anyone would stop.

--

Desperate Dan

hubertc

Posted: Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 12:25

the road to calenzana is a busy two lane road without sidewalks, so you are sharing the road with the cars.
last year I walked up to calenzana in the dark, not recommended at night.