Tips for Moving Home

top5ldh

Posted: Thu, Nov 26, 2020, 4:29

Tips for Moving Home

I have just recently had to move houses and now I'm in my new Jaipur home and I am very happy. But, I'm sure I speak for a lot of you out there when I say that moving houses was one of the most stressful things I have ever had to do. I am not surprised to learn that moving home is one of the permanent fixtures on people's list of the most stressful events in life. What I have decided to do is put down a few tips below of the things that I have found useful during my move and I hope that you find them of some use as well.

Six weeks before:

Check out your new area so you can start off in your new home with a big heads-up. Make sure to look at restaurants, shopping facilities, amenities and recreational facilities.

Appoint a surveyor to check out the new property and a solicitor to complete the conveyancing.

Five weeks before:

Organise your transport for the move. Hire the http://www.ludhianamovers.in Packers and Movers Ludhiana or removal company well in advance. Hopefully this will avoid any nasty surprises on the big day. Make sure that your move is covered by insurance - you never know! Also, can the van park in the street for several hours, or will you need to apply for a parking permit?

Four weeks before:

Make sure to clear you calendar before and after the big day - you will want to be available to take charge if anything goes wrong. Are you moving straight into the new property or will you need to arrange alternative temporary accommodation? If so now is the time to get it sorted.

Three weeks before:

Get all of your packing materials in place. These may include sturdy cardboard Packers and Movers Jaipur boxes, bubble wrap, tape sticky labels, straps and blankets. Prices for these items vary greatly, so shop around for the best deal. Transfer you broadband service to your new place and this usually takes time and you want to be online as soon as possible after you move.

Two weeks before:

Inform all of the relevant authorities that you are moving. These may include banks, building societies, insurance companies, DVLA, local council. Decide what you are going to do with any kids or animals during the move as they will need to be looked after and safely out of the way. Take the opportunity to begin emptying your freezer and pack away some of the more permanent items from your cupboards.

One week before:

Shut down all of your old utilities and pay any outstanding debts and accounts related to your old home. make sure that you have all the essentials for the new place, such as toilet paper, tea, coffee, milk, bread etc. Empty your fridge at least 24 hours before the move and leave it to stand and defrost.

Moving day:

Take final meter reading for gas, water and electricity. Remove all of the remaining essential in the old place such as bedding and food. Make sure that you removal company has been instructed clearly and that you are in touch with them if necessary. Make sure that the old place is clean and ready for the new owners, have one last check of all the rooms and then... say your goodbyes!

Storage:

Sometimes it is because you are moving to a smaller place, or somewhere with less storage space. Or perhaps there is a gap between you moving out of your old place and into the new one. But it is extremely common for you to need to store your things in a self storage facility as part of your http://www.packersandmoversahmedabad.in Packers and Movers Ahmedabad - I certainly had to. Storage places are great, they are safe, dry and secure and really handy in this situation. I managed to find a really good place called Henfield Self Storage in Jaipur. They have really competitive prices and they staff are very friendly and helpful. You will probably end up paying about half what some other places will charge you, so check them out.

--

No