GR20 from the North during Mid June

john3kd

Posted: Mon, May 3, 2010, 18:05

I will be walking the North section of the GR20 in Mid June. I cannot persuade my usual walking group to take this challenge on so I'm hoping to join another group. I'm 46 reasonably fit (just about to do the Edinburgh marathon) and very easy going. It usually takes a lot to go wrong before I complain. My previous major hike was along the Cullins. If anyone out there is not bothered by someone tagging along with them please let me know.

ANNELRIOU

Posted: Tue, May 29, 2012, 11:50

hi ai am in teh same situaotin, i d like to find a group this summer, i am scared to do it alone as i alweays get lost, but am fast hikker and fit, and i speak french;-) would there be a group to welcome me??thanks

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, May 29, 2012, 13:45

Hello,
I always travel on Corse with a Frenchwoman whom I have known for 37 years. Works out fine Marif does the language bit and, being French, is very gregarious so it works out just fine. I carry the heavy load with camping kit and Marif travels with a light load and does all the financial and communicating stuff. No worries regarding the wayfinding....just follow the red/white markings. In fact the only time that we ended up in the dreaded maquis, for a few hours, was during the fourth stage of the Mare e Monti route. We have had four long distance walking holidays on Corse and have enjoyed every day of each one of them.

--

Gaffr