(Another) Transport query - 31st July 2011...

Lofty

Posted: Fri, Jul 15, 2011, 12:34

Hi all,

I've been reading through the topics and posts on here, and there are a lot of people asking questions about transport around the island, but i'm still having difficulty!

We'll be arriving in Bastia from Gatwick at 9:30 on Sunday 31st July an trying to get to Calvi that day.

We're trying to do the whole thing on a shoestring budget, so taxi isnt an option, and at £140+ to rent a small car for the day, we'd rather avoid that too. That said, it's a Sunday, and i've heard that trains and busses in particular are unreliable/none existant.

So I suppose i could sum this post up in a few bullet points:

* www.corsicabus.org shows two trains running from Bastia - Calvi, but doesn't give an indication of how sunday timetables vary. Prices aren't up there yet either. Can any one shed any light?

* http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/corse/Fr/Default.aspx seems to be a potentially useful site, but I can't find Bastia or Calvi stations! What am i doing wrong?

On the return journey from Conca to Bastia on a saturday 20th- can anyone make any suggestions?

Finally, is anyone else doing any of these journeys on the same day? There are two of us... car/taxi share?

I'm sorry if this is going over old ground, but having being spoilt by transport for london and national rail (when was the last time anyone said that?!) i seem to be struggling a bit with this!!

Thanks in advance

Pete