GR 20, stage 10: Vizzavona - Bergeries de Capannelle
The 10th stage of the GR 20 trail (and the first one of its southern part) starts in Vizzavona (920 m) and climbs to Bergeries de Capannelle (1586 m). The highest point is Col de Palmente at 1640 m, total ascent is 890 m, total descent is 224 m. The route is 15 km long, average walking time is about 5½ hours when walked from Vizzavona or 4½ hours in the opposite direction.
The basic route of the GR20 is marked in blue in the map below.
- Refuge de l'Onda (1430 m)
- Cascades des Anglais (1150 m)
- Vizzavona (920 m)
- Col de Palmente (1647 m)
- Bergeries d'Alzeta (1553 m)
- Bergeries de Scarpaccedie (1470 m)
- Bergeries de Capannelle (1586 m)
- Col de Verde (1289 m)
Points of interest
- Monte d'Oro (2389 m) +
- Monte Calvi (1461 m) +
- Ghisoni (665 m)
- Lac de Bastani
- Monte Renoso (2352 m)
Lodging and food
- PNRC Refuge near Gite U Fugone offers a basic dormitory for 4.55€/bed.
- Gite U Fugone (tel. 0495570181) offers 3 to 5-bed rooms and a restaurant.
- Gite U Renosu used to be open in winter only.
- There are shops, a pizzeria, a campsite and the Hotel Kyrie (tel. 0495576033) in the village of Ghisoni.
Last modified on Tue, 2012-08-07 17:29