GR 20, stage 14: Refuge d'Asinao - Refuge de Paliri
The 14th stage of the GR 20 trail starts in Refuge d'Asinao (1530 m) and ends in Refuge de Paliri (1055 m). The highest point is at Cold de Pargulu (1662 m), total ascent is 429 m, total descent is 910 m. The route is 13 km long, average walking time is about 7 hours when walked from d'Asinao or about 20 minutes more in the opposite direction.
The basic route of the GR20 is marked in blue in the map below. The red line is an Alpine variant crossing the Bavella massive.
- Monte Incudine (2134 m)
- Refuge d'Asiano (1530 m)
- Col de Pargulu (1662 m)
- Col de Bavella (1218 m)
- Bavella (1183 m)
- Col de Foce Finosa (1206 m)
- Refuge de Paliri (1055 m)
- Conca (252 m)
Points of interest
- Aigulies de Bavella (1611 m)
- Quenza (813 m)
Lodging and food
- Refuge de Paliri offers 20 beds (8.38€/bed) and a campground (3.05€/person).
- A lot of lodging facilities, restaurants and shops are in the village of Quenza.
- Les Aiguilles de Bavella (tel. 0495574606) offers double rooms for 32€, beds in dormitory for 10.67€ and a restaurant. It is open from April 1 to October 15.
- Auberge du Col de Bavella (tel. 0495574387) offers beds in dormitory for 12.2€ and a restaurant. It's open from April to October.
- Close to Auberge du Col de Bavella is a shop with basic food.
Last modified on Tue, 2012-08-07 09:00