GR 20, stage 2: Refuge d'Ortu di u Piobbu - Refuge de Carrozzu
The 2nd stage of the GR 20 trail starts in Refuge d'Ortu di u Piobbu (1570 m) and ends in Refuge de Carrozzu (1270 m). The highest point is the ridge at 2020 m above Col d'Avartoli, total ascent is 667 m, total descent is 917 m. The route is difficult, 8 km long, average walking time is 7 hours when walked from Ortu di u Piobbu or about 5 hours in the opposite direction. There is an alternative route across Bonifatu (see the map below).
In the map below the basic route of the GR20 is marked in dark blue. The light blue line marks a side trip to Monte Corona. The green line is a variant across Bonifattu.
- Col de Bassiguellu (1486 m)
- Refuge d'Ortu di u Piobbu (1570 m)
- Col de Tartagine (1852 m)
- Monte Corona (2144 m)
- Bergerie de Mandriacia (1500 m)
- Col de Piccaia (1950 m)
- Col d'Avartoli (1898 m)
- Col de Carrozzu (1865 m)
- Refuge de Carrozzu (1270 m)
- Maison Forestiere de Bonifatto (536 m)
- Crossing at Cirque de Bonifatu
Points of interest
- Cirque de Bonifatu
Lodging and food
- Refuge de Carrozzu offers 26 beds (8.38 €/bed), campground (3.05 €/person), a shower, food and drinks.
- If you take the alternate route, you can stop in Auberge de la Foret in the village of Bonifatu.
- Description and photos of the trail from Bonifatu to Carrozzu (i.e. the 2nd part of the alternative route) by Wolfgang Glamann (in German).
Last modified on Sun, 2011-05-22 11:21