GR 20, stage 5: Refuge de Tighjettu - Refuge de Ciottulu di i Mori
The 5th stage of the GR 20 trail starts in Refuge de Tighjettu (1683 m) or Bergeries de Ballone (1440 m) and ends either in Refuge de Ciottulu di i Mori (1991 m, the highest point of the stage), or in Castel di Verghio (1404 m). Total ascent is 607 m, total descent is only 78 m. The route to Castel di Verghio is 13 km long and takes about 7 hours in both directions. The shorter variant to Ciottulu di i Mori takes 4 hours on average.
The basic route of the GR20 is marked in blue in the map below.
- Refuge d'Asco Stagnu (Haut Asco)
- Refuge de Tighjettu (1683 m)
- Bergeries de Ballone
- Col de Fogghiale (1962 m)
- Refuge de Ciottulu di i Mori (1991 m)
- Bergeries de Tula
- Cascade de Radule
- Bergeries de Radule
- Fer a Cheval (1329 m)
- Castellu di Vergio (1404 m)
- Refuge de Manganu (1601 m)
Points of interest
- Paglia Orba (2525 m)
- Col des Maures (2155 m)
- Calasima (1100 m)
- Albertacce (840 m)
- Col de Vergio (1477 m)
Lodging and food
- Refuge de Ciottulu di i Mori offers 26 beds (8.38 €/bed) and a campground (3.05 €/person).
- Hotel Castel di Verghio (tel. 0495480001) offers rooms for two, three or four persons with a private bathroom from 38 to 61 €, beds in a dormitory for 12.20 €; or camping for 4.55 €/person.
- You can buy food and drinks in the hotel bar or restaurant in Castel di Verghio.
- There are two villages of Calasima and Albertace down along the D84 road with a couple of shops, bars and restaurants.
Last modified on Tue, 2012-08-07 08:48