GR 20, stage 11: Bergeries de Capannelle - Refuge de Prati
The 11th stage of the GR 20 trail starts in Bergeries de Capannelle (1586 m) and ends in Refuge de Prati (1820 m). The highest point is at Col d'Oru (1840 m), total ascent is 642 m, total descent is 408 m. The route is 16 km long, average walking time is about 6 hours in both directions. There is a shorter, 11 km long variant ending in Col de Verde (Bocca di Verdi, 1289 m) that takes about 5 hours.
The basic route of the GR20 is marked in blue in the map below.
- Vizzavona (920 m)
- Bergeries de Capannelle (1586 m)
- Bergeries de Tragette (1520 m)
- Lischetto stream (1541 m)
- Plateau de Gialgone (1591 m)
- Col de Verde (Bocca di Verdi; 1289 m)
- Refuge de Prati (1820 m)
- Refuge d'Usciolu (1750 m)
Points of interest
- Monte Renoso (2352 m)
- Lac de Bastani (2089 m)
- Lac de Rino (1882 m)
- Monte Grosso (1895 m)
- Pozzi (1783 m)
- Punta Capanella (2032 m)
Lodging and food
- Relais San Pedru di Verdi (also known as Refuge du Col de Verde; tel. 0495244682) offers a dormitory, a campsite and food.
- Refuge de Prati offers beds for 8.38€.
Last modified on Tue, 2012-08-07 08:55