GR 20, stage 3: Refuge de Carrozzu - Refuge d'Asco Stagnu
The 3rd stage of the GR 20 trail starts in Refuge de Carrozzu (1270 m) and ends in a ski resort of Haut Asco (Refuge d'Asco Stagnu, 1422 m). The highest point is Col de Stagni at 2010 m, total ascent is 790 m, total descent is 638 m. The route is 6 km long, average walking time is about 6 hours when walked from Refuge de Carrozzu or about 5 hours in the opposite direction.
The basic route of the GR20 is marked in blue in the map below. The red line indicates a side trip to Monte Cinto (2706 m), the highest mountain of Corsica.
- Refuge d'Ortu di u Piobbu (1520 m)
- Refuge de Carrozzu (1270 m)
- Passerelle de Spasimata (1220 m)
- Col de Stagni (2010 m)
- Lac de la Muvrela (1860 m)
- Refuge d'Asco Stagnu (Haut Asco) (1422 m)
- Bergeries de Ballone
Points of interest
- Monte Cinto (2706 m)
Lodging and food
- Refuge d'Asco Stagnu in Haut Asco offers 30 beds in rooms for two, four or six persons (8.38 €/bed), campground (3.05 €/person), a shower, self-catering kitchen, food and drinks.
- Hôtel le Chalet Haut Asco (tel.: 04 95 47 81 08, fax: 04 95 47 11 20, website in French) offers double rooms with a private bathroom from about 38 € to 46 €, bar and a restaurant. The hotel accepts credit cards.
- There is a gite d'etape in Haute Asco too with beds for about 6 €.
- There is a shop with food and hiking equipment in Haute Asco.
Last modified on Tue, 2012-08-07 08:43